2019 Delegation to Cuba
May 27 - June 1, 2019
You are invited to join the ATE on a Delegation to Cuba.
This is an outstanding professional development opportunity designed specifically for ATE members. Participants will visit key education facilities and sites in Havana, engage in discussions with other delegation members as well as professional counterparts in Cuba, and learn about the particular challenges and advances of our field in Cuba.
Shirley Lefever will be leading the delegation, which has been developed in cooperation with the Cuban Ministry of Education. The delegation is operated by Professionals Abroad, an educational travel provider based in Washington, DC.
Space is limited, so consider enrolling soon. Enrollment closes February 26, 2019.
Itinerary: You can view a preliminary itinerary on the delegation website or by referencing below.
Topics of Study:
- Curriculum convergence (standardization) versus curriculum divergence (differentiation).
- The current dilemmas faced by school leaders in terms of the supervision and administration of personnel, programs, and technology.
- Changing educational programs, procedures, and policies to meet the needs of our contemporary students and faculty.
- Decision-making approaches used by higher education and school leaders to resolve current issues related to people, things, and ideas within their purview.
- Teacher preparation innovative practices.
Fee: $4,750. The fee includes group transportation within Cuba, meetings, accommodations in double-occupancy rooms, entry fees for cultural visits, the service of a national guide, and most meals. The fee does not include international airfare.
Be advised that for U.S. citizens, expenses associated with this delegation may be tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. Consult with a tax advisor to determine if the tax deduction is applicable to you.
Enrollment: A $500 deposit is required to reserve your place on the delegation.
Enrollment closes on February 26, 2019.
Guests: Professionals Abroad offers a guest program. Guests will be on their own during the day but may meet up with the ATE group for a few larger events.
Questions: Please direct your questions about the delegation to Professionals Abroad.
We look forward to seeing you in Cuba!
© 2018 Association of Teacher Educators. All Rights Reserved.