Call for Applications, Editorship of Action in Teacher Education
Applications are being sought for the Editorship of Action in Teacher Education (ACTION). ACTION is the official journal of the Association of Teacher Educators and serves as a forum for the scholarly exchange of ideas and research related to the improvement of teacher education at all levels.
ACTION is published quarterly by Taylor and Francis.
Recognized scholars in teacher education are sought who are interested in promoting high-quality scholarship within the journal, who possess strong managerial and organizational skills, and who are willing to serve a three-year term as Editor.
Deadline: January 8, 2018
Guidelines for Submitting Applications
Applications for the Editorship of ACTION should address the key questions identified below. The Professional Journal Committee and Association of Teacher Educators Board of Directors must have a clear understanding of the resources and interest within your institution that will be available to host the editorship of ACTION.
Proposals for the Editorship of ACTION must include the following materials:
• Letter of interest
• Prospective editorial strategy that addresses the key questions
• Statement of support from an administrator (department chair or dean) of the
applicant’s host institution or organization
• Current curriculum vitae for each member of the editorial team
• What is your vision for Action in Teacher Education and how will you fulfill it?
• Who are the proposed editor and associate editors? What is your level of editorial
• What qualities make your institution a strong candidate to host the editorship of
Action in Teacher Education?
• What types of institutional support may be offered to the editor and associate
Please send all inquiries and applications via e-mail (application attachments) to the following contact person:
Dr. Patricia Swails
Division of Graduate Studies
School of Education
Oakland City University
Oakland City, IN 47660
The deadline for submission of complete applications is January 8, 2018. Applications should be sent as an e-mail attachment to Dr. Patricia Swails. The Professional Journal Committee will review the applications, interview finalists, and make a recommendation to the ATE Board of Directors at the annual ATE conference in Las Vegas, NV (February 16-20, 2018). Editorial duties will begin February, 2018.
© 2018 Association of Teacher Educators. All Rights Reserved.